Aberdeenshire Council has issued the following information through line managers regarding the additional annual leave (pro-rated for part-time employees) agreed as part of the 2022/23 pay award. The extra day’s leave will be added based on current contractual hours.
- The additional annual leave for 2022 will be added to Bodet for 2023, based on current contractual hours, and it must be taken by 31 March 2023.
- Anyone wishing to take the additional annual leave prior to 31 December 2022 should contact their line manager. If approved, the line manager will email the information (hours and date) to the relevant Bodet Administrator who will then update the account.
- For staff that are not on Bodet, Service Administrators will add the additional annual leave to the service recording systems.
- The additional annual leave for 2023 will be added to Bodet. The 2023 annual leave calculators have been updated and will be available early next week.
- To ensure workforce wellbeing, at least five days holiday to be taken in first four months of the leave year, and at least five days holiday to be taken in the last four months of the leave year.
The implementation of the additional annual leave means there are several procedures and guidance that will require updating. These will be reviewed in due course.
Additional information from the branch – term time workers
Term time staff will receive an extra day’s pay per year, pro rata to hours worked. We are not yet sure when this year’s will be in pay packets but term time staff will get it, and it will be sorted out for next year.