Campaigns News

Lock ruling on holiday pay – Branch urges members to get in touch if they think they have a claim

Case FormThe Branch has written out individually to all our members urging them to get in touch with the Grampian Resource Centre on 01224 620624, if you think that you might be entitled to a claim under the new ruling.

Inez Teece, Branch Secretary said, “If you work on commission, work overtime, get a bonus, shift premium or any other payment, and this has not been paid during your holidays then you may have a claim.

Inez Teece
Inez Teece

“Please contact the Resource Centre to get a CASE form to complete and return.

“It is especially important to act immediately if your employer has recently started to include any additional payments in your payslip as “holiday pay” or even any unexplained increases,” added Inez.

“Most tribunal claims must be submitted within three months less one day of the date of the act complained of, which in this case is the failure to pay additional sums for annual leave. If your employer starts to make these payments then time starts to run out from the date on which you were last paid holiday pay which didn’t include the extra sums.

“When the Branch receives your completed CASE form your claim will considered and you will be contacted and advised if your has a reasonable chance of success.

“If you have already returned a Holiday Pay CASE form, your case is being assessed by UNISON’s legal team and we will write out to you in due course.”